Most Read Articles
- Declaration of the Revolutionary Committee of the SSR of Georgia on Independence of the SSR of Abkhazia - 21 May 1921
- Republic of Abkhazia (Apsny)
- UNPO: Human Rights Report Mission Abkhazia 1992-1994
- UNPO: November 1992 Mission to Abkhazia
- 'Absence of Will': A commentary, prepared by Metin Sönmez
- Abkhazia: Ancients of the Caucasus, by John Robbins
- A history erased - Abkhazia's archive: fire of war, ashes of history
- Union Treaty Between the SSR of Georgia and the SSR of Abkhazia - 16 December 1921
- The International Legal Status of the Republic of Abkhazia In the Light of International Law, by Viacheslav Chirikba
- A history erased - Abkhazia's archive: fire of war, ashes of history - Video
|Review of Tom Trier, Hedgiv Lohm, David Szakonyi, 'Under Siege: Inter-Ethnic Relations in Abkhazia'|
|Articles - Book reviews|
|Saturday, 17 March 2012 08:37|
Hewitt, George (2011) Review of Tom Trier, Hedgiv Lohm, David Szakonyi, 'Under Siege: Inter-Ethnic Relations in Abkhazia'.
Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies, 74 (1). pp. 150-152.
The more information provided to Western audiences about Abkhazia and its dispute with Georgia, the better, so that attitudes and policies can be predicated on facts rather than ignorance, as has regularly been the case. But not all works are necessarily (wholly) accurate in what they present to their readers. The present volume is a mixture of wheat and chaff, and the latter could easily have been winnowed out prior to publication.
The full text in PDF can be downloaded by clicking here (54.9 KB)