SUKHUM -- Ex-Prime Minister Alexander Ankvab expressed gratitude to the government, the Cabinet's office for honest work.
“Everything we did was aimed at being of benefit for the republic, our people. We managed to do much, but a lot of work is yet to be done. I think the next five years of a new government's work will be effective, fruitful and rich“, Ankvab said today, at the last session of the government he has headed for the previous five years.
According to him, the former government has gained useful experience which should be further developed. Ankvab also said that the government he has headed established “good, business relations with the Presidential Administration, state enterprises, funds”.
“We are not leaving anywhere, we all will serve our citizens and the republic”, he added.
On December 12, 2009 Alexander Ankvab was elected Vice-President of the Republic of Abkhazia.
- Proverbs and Sayings of the Caucasian Mountain Peoples
- My bet is that among the next five countries to recognise Abkhazia will be United States of America. – An Interview with Maxim Gunjia
- Spiegel Online: Interview with Abkhazian Prime Minister Alexander Ankvab
- An interview with Foreign Minister of Abkhazia Sergei Shamba
- Sergei Shamba: we do not trust the Americans
- Te Moli Venaos-Goiset, Ambassador designated to Abkhazia from Vanuatu, congratulates President Alexander Ankvab on his inauguration
- Sergey Shamba: Since we don’t let the EU observers in Abkhazia, they decided now to monitor us from space
- Prime Minister held working meeting on construction work in the republic
- Abkhazian president signs decree appointing Sergei Shamba PM
- Leadership of Abkhazia hope for the possibility of further partner cooperation with the United Nations Organization, may be on a new basis already - Sergey Shamba
- Working Visit to Russia of Abkhaz Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Shamba
- Attempt on life of Abkhazian president
- Abkhaz Vice President Survives Fourth Assassination Attempt
- Attempt on Abkhazia Vice President Ankvab staged
- Ankvab: The support of the people gives me strength and confidence in the rightness of our actions
- Karabakh Head of State condemns terrorism against Abkhazia leader
- Some Historical Roots of Traditional Abkhazian Household Culture, by Shalva Inal-ipa
- Role of Western structures in settlement of Abkhaz conflict, by Sergei Shamba
- Democracy in Abkhazia: a testing year, by George Hewitt
- An attack on sovereignty, by Inal Khashig
- My reaction to the attempt on the life of Abkhazian president Aleksander Ankvab, by Richard Berge
- An attempt on the life of Abkhazia, by Sergei Markedonov
- The attempt on Abkhaz President Ankvab, by Alexander Krylov
- Presidential Elections in Abkhazia: A Changing Society in a Fixed Context, by Iraklii Khintba
- Sergey Shamba back in politics