In connection with the tense socio-political situation which has developed in the country and in order to preserve pan-national harmony and stability in the state, the Parliament adopted the following resolution:
1. To declare in accordance with paragraph 11 of Article 47 of the Constitution of the Republic of Abkhazia a vote of no-confidence in the Prime Minister of the Republic of Abkhazia, Leonid Lakerbaia.
2. To appeal on the basis of part 2 of Article 87 of the Regulations of the Parliament of the Republic of Abkhazia to the president of the Republic of Abkhazia, Aleksandr Ankvab, voluntarily to give up his powers as president of the Republic of Abkhazia.
The resolution enters into force form the day of its adoption.
For reference: It is in accordance with paragraph 11 of Article 47 that Parliament takes decisions on the declaration of a vote of no-confidence in individual members of the Cabinet of Ministers.
- Statement by The Caucasian-Abkhazian Solidarity Committee
- Statement by George Hewitt
- In Defence of the Diasporan Petition, by George Hewitt
- Abkhazia Heads Into A Turbulent Summer, by Liz Fuller
- Sediment remains... By Liana Kvarchelia
- De Facto Abkhaz President Says He Will Not Resign, by Liz Fuller
- Some thoughts on the crisis in Abkhazia, by Oliver Urs Lenz
- A polling-station has been opened in Turkey for the election of the President of Abkhazia
- Polling Stations Can be Created in Foreign States Where Abkhaz Diaspora Communities Live
- Musa Shanibov Warns Against a Strident Confrontation between Political Forces in Abkhazia
- Leonid Dzapshba intends to run for president
- The CEC of Abkhazia begins preparations for presidential elections
- Republic of Abkhazia President A.Z. Ankvab’s address to the people
- Arda Inal-Ipa: "Perhaps we shall be able to learn from the difficult experience of recent days, God willing"
- The President is not in agreement with the decision of the Parliament to pass a vote of no-confidence in the Prime Minister