SUKHUM -- The headquarters of the candidates for the presidency of Abkhazia, Adgur Ardzinba and Leonid Dzapshba, have resumed their work, suspended after the deterioration of the health of the third applicant for the highest state-post - Aslan Bzhania.
"All our headquarters are fully up and running from today," said Dzapshba.
He also commented on his proposal to postpone the presidential election for a month in connection with Bzhania’s hospitalisation. According to Dzapshba, such a possibility exists, since a precedent was already set back in July 2019, when the elections were postponed to August.
The headquarters of presidential candidate Adgur Ardzinba also resumed its work.
"Due to the fact that the state of health of the candidate for the presidency of Abkhazia Aslan Bzhania is improving, the election-headquarters of the candidate for president of Abkhazia, Adgur Ardzinba, continues its work. Meetings with voters are not planned as yet, but they will resume in the coming days," the press-service of Ardzinba’s HQ said.
On Monday 2 March Aslan Bzhania was hospitalised in Sochi and transported by helicopter-ambulance to the Krasnodar hospital. There he is still undergoing an intensive course of treatment. The politician exhibited bilateral polysegmental pneumonia.
Due to the deterioration in the health of their opponent, Ardzinba and Dzapshba decided on 2 March to suspend the work of their election HQs.
- "The contradictions of the political game." Who will become the new president of Abkhazia, by Sergey Markedonov
- Time To Turn Crisis Into Stability? By Dieter Boden
- Abkhazia’s Divisive De Facto President Steps Down, by Liz Fuller
- CEC announced final results of Presidential Elections
- The Presidential Inauguration and Resignation of the Cabinet of Ministers: what will happen after the presidential election
- 2020 Presidential Elections in Abkhazia
- Akaba on the tasks of the new president of Abkhazia: the voice of the people must be heard
- Campaign-headquarters have announced the date of the return of Bzhania to Abkhazia
- Sergey Shamba: Aslan Bzhania will be back in service before the election
- Kan Kvarchia Will Not Run For The Upcoming Presidential Election
- Nomination of Candidates for President of the Republic of Abkhazia Has Ended
- Abkhazia’s CEC Has Registered the First Party to Nominate a Presidential Candidate
- Damenia on the resignation of the president: stability in society does not come overnight
- Abkhaz president agrees to resign, new presidential elections set for March 22
- Supreme Court of Abkhazia orders rerun of presidential election